BIM for Concrete Precast Elements: Rebar, Formwork, Production, Assemblies and Hoisting
Precision and optimization are key elements for a successful precast production. The use of BIM enhances productivity, certainty and profitability. This presentation will go thought five major phases:
1. Rebar: Modeling, optimizing, bending and assembling
2. Geometry: Assemblies and parametric modeling
3. Steel formwork: Modeling and managing inventory
4. Hoisting: Cinematic studies and urban environment using 3D scanning
5. Planning: VDC, integrating design, production plant and field
Marco Vidali is a Mexican Architect with a Master’s degree from Universidad Politécnica Cataluña in Barcelona, Spain. Marco has 16 years of professional experience in design and construction in Latin America and Europe. He has developed and led the ICABIM, the BIM division inside ICA, which is the largest construction company in Mexico. He has also been involved with different levels of BIM technologies in 47 infrastructure projects, from hospitals, to hydroelectric dams, water treatment plants, subways and elevated highways among others. Marco is a member of ICA’s R&D board.